The IBTA does not have a formal membership scheme. Organisations are welcome to register their interest and support for the concept of the IBTA (see link to “Who Are We?” and its two awareness-raising projects of the Walk Around the World for Brain Tumours and the International Brain Tumour Awareness Week.) Groups are then known as “supporting organisations”
If you are a supporting organisation of the IBTA, we will:
- List your organisation’s name on the IBTA website
- List your organisation’s name in the annual IBTA magazine Brain Tumour
- Publicise your awareness raising activities which take place during the International Brain Tumour Awareness Week
- Publicise awareness-raising walks which your group undertakes, providing your organisation “donates” the walked mileage to the IBTA’s Walk Around the World for Brain Tumours. We will also endeavour to send your organisation a good luck message prior to your walk, wishing the participants good luck from the IBTA. (Please note, this is a symbolic gesture only and does not involve any funds whatsoever being given to the IBTA which were raised during your awareness walk. The IBTA does not wish to receive any funds raised through other organisation’s awareness raising activities such as a walk. These funds should be used for research, support and information purposes or whatever purposes your organisation deems appropriate in this regard.]
As a supporting organisation, the IBTA would asks you to:
- Link to our website from your website.
- Mention the IBTA in your International Brain Tumour Awareness Week literature, as appropriate.
- Mention the IBTA in publicity material about your Walk, insofar as you are donating the walked mileage to the Walk Around the World for Brain Tumours.