The International Brain Tumour Alliance (IBTA) is a not-for-profit, limited liability company registered in England and Wales.
This policy applies to information collected on this website.
We are the Data Controller of personal information that this policy applies to under the Data Protection Act 1998.
We only collect information about you that:
- helps us make the site work better for you
- lets us contact you if we need to
- lets us give you accurate local information if you need it
- shows us how you are using the site, so we can keep improving it
- helps us understand why you support our work, so we can better
meet your needs
- Parts of the site may ask you for more information so that you can
use services or complete transactions. You’ll always be told when this information is being collected. In many cases you’ll be asked to enter it – for example, an email address for correspondence. This information will only be used for the purposes stated.
The information we collect
We collect the following information from people visiting the website:
- Questions, queries and feedback you leave, including your email address if you send us email
- Your IP address and which web browser (and version) you use
- Information on how people use the site, using cookies and page tagging, to help us improve the website and our services
- If you send us feedback, your message will be kept
What are cookies?
How we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Payment transactions are encrypted.
The transmission of information over the Internet is never completely secure. We’ll do our best to protect your personal data, but cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. We use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use your information
Any information we collect is used to:
- improve the content and design of the website
- let you use interactive features, when you choose to do so
- contact you, with your permission
We never share your information with other organisations or third parties for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your personal information to any other website.
Use of postal addresses and phone numbers
If you enter your postal address or phone number into any of our online forms, we may use these details to contact you, unless you ask us not to. If you have given us your postal address or phone number and would prefer not to be contacted by these means, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share visitors’ personal data to comply with a legal obligation
- for law enforcement purposes
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to:
- ask us not to process your personal data
- see information we hold about you
- ask for inaccurate personal data to be corrected
For a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please email email@example.com or write to The Chair, International Brain Tumour Alliance, PO Box 244, Tadworth, Surrey, T20 5WQ, United Kingdom. When we are satisfied as to your bona fide identity we will send you a copy of your personal information that we are legally required to disclose. We may ask you to pay a fee for this service to cover administration and postage if applicable.
Please contact us at the same address if you believe that information we hold about you is inaccurate and want it to be corrected.
Links to and from our website
When you come to our website from another website, we may get personal information about you from the other website. Read those other websites’ privacy policies if you want to know about this.