WHO ARE WE?
The IBTA brings together experience and expertise from all over the world with the aim of enhancing the well-being and quality of life of brain tumour patients and their families.
Across the globe in over 100 countries we work with Alliance supporters, prospective supporters, researchers, medical professionals, pharmaceutical and device companies, government agencies, regulators, medical societies, key opinion leaders, the media and others involved in the neuro oncology community to:
- encourage the establishment of brain tumour patient groups in countries where they don’t yet exist
- promote collaboration on programmes and projects to benefit the brain tumour community
- advance worldwide awareness of this disease by developing and promoting activities highlighting the challenges and needs of patients and carers
- disseminate knowledge, information and best practice
- help shape health and research policies at national and international levels
- celebrate the courage and achievements of brain tumour survivors and carers
Real change and improvement in health and support service design and delivery comes through involving people directly affected by brain tumours. Our aim is to bring together the international brain tumour community as a strong global voice urging governments, regulators and the research and medical communities to better understand the concerns and perspectives of people living with this devastating disease.
We place patients, their families and caregivers at the heart of all we do celebrating their courage and achievements, sharing knowledge and experiences and working together for progress. We encourage and support established brain tumour patient organisations; we do not aim to replace or supersede them.
By working together we identify collaborative actions across the international community and work towards our vision of a world free from the fear of brain tumours.